Money available for park works
National Grid rent 2007-2014 + easement: £309,000
“A licence exists between National Grid and LBH enabling an area of the park to be used to aid the construction of the substation upgrade at Millfields.... The monies paid to date are currently residing in a ring fenced account within the parks budget for the delivery of priority projects from the Millfields Masterplan as agreed by the Millfields User Group and Hackney Councils Parks Department.” LBH Feb 2011
National Grid paid Hackney £71k in 2009/10 regarding an easement to lay electric cabling within Millfields.
1 Oct 2007 for 7 years i.e. to 1 Oct 2014 at £34,000 pa = £238,000
At Feb 2011: about £120,000+71,000= £191,000
Lathams Yard S106 Transportation Fund: £275,000The conditions stipulate it has to be spent on the following proposals:
- £60,000 on a traffic management scheme in Theydon Road, Mount Pleasant Hill and Southwold Road
- £20,000 on green travel plan measures around the site
- £45,000 on improvements to the footpath across Millfields North ground or Casimir Road entrance
- £25,000 towards a toucan crossing on Lea Bridge Road
- £30,000 towards improvements to the Southwold Road footpath link
- £20,000 towards improvements to CCTV at Clapton Station
- £75,000 towards bus stop improvements in the vicinity of the site
Streetscene, Sustainable Transport & Walking“We have set aside funding from our 2011/12 sustainable transport allocation from TfL to bring the canalside path [to Cow Bridge] into a state of good repair and create a new path linking it to the Black Path.” – LBH Streetscene, 11/3/11. This work requires PINS (Planning Inspectorate) permission for common land, which can take up to 6 months, so the money will be lost to other projects if the work is not agreed by July 2011.
Walk London will be approached for funding to refurbish north Millfields NE towpath approach/entrance (Ben Kennedy, Streetscene, conversation 4/2011)
Re-signing of Black Path for fully shared use: Streetscene LIP budget
Paying for widening & refurbishment of walk under Lea Bridge Road; repair of north towpath & community planting; repair of railing on south; resurfacing towpath.
 Local Implementation Plan (LIP): a statutory planning document which sets out how a London Borough proposes to implement the London Mayor’s Transport Strategy (MTS). (http://www.lcc.org.uk/documents/Rough%20Guide%20to%20LIPs.doc)